ANZCCJ-Commonwealth Bank of Australia Event
ANZCCJ partnered with Platinum Sponsor, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, to deliver insights and predictions on the Australian and New Zealand economies on 8 September 2017.
The panel, made up of Michael Blythe, Chief Economist CBA; Richard Grace, Executive Director, Currency Rate Strategy & International CBA; and Andy Ji, Director FX Strategy & International Economics CBA; was facilitated by Julianne Merriman, Trade Commissioner, Austrade. The main issues discussed during the presentations and Q&A that followed included:
- The outlook for the New Zealand and Australian economy with specific focus on Australia’s 25 years without a recession.
- Key sectors like mining and real estate
- Main sources of future growth
- The outlook for the JPY, AUD and NZD exchange rates
- The outlook for the AUD and NZD
- The outlook for the RBA/RBNZ and interest rates in Australia/New Zealand
- The correlation between the Australian/New Zealand economies and China
- The outlook for the world economy and Japanese exports
A strong key message that came out of the discussions was that Australia and New Zealand offer an array of attractive investment opportunities for long-term investors and strong business potential for 2017 and beyond.
As per ANZCCJ’s strategy for 2017, we aspire to work closely with our major sponsors to bring high level information to members. We hope the session gave you deeper insight into some of the key economic themes and their impact on global markets.
The slides and key themes that formed part of the Economic Briefing are available for download here. Should you require any further information for your business or would like to discuss your specific business need, please don't hesitate to contact the Commonwealth Bank.