For more than twenty years Macquarie Group has been delivering opportunities for our clients in Asia. With an established presence of more than 4,063 staff across 14 locations in 11 markets, we uncover the opportunities others may miss.
Leveraging our global network with our local market knowledge and expertise, we have a breadth of experience across numerous products, sectors and client segments, including infrastructure, commodities and financial markets.
Macquarie has built a uniquely diversified business. We have established leading market positions as a global specialist in a wide range of sectors, including resources, agriculture and commodities, green energy, conventional energy and infrastructure, with a deep knowledge of Asia-Pacific financial markets.
Capturing Opportunity in Asia for more than twenty years
• First Asian office established in 1994
• 4,063 staff in 14 locations
• $A35.5 billion asset under management in Asia (as of 31 March 2021)
Macquarie in Japan
Established in Japan for more than 20 years, Macquarie has built a uniquely diversified business in Japan and is committed to bringing our global expertise and local capability to support our clients, partners, investors, staff and the broader communities in which we operate.
Our local expertise:
Commodities and Global Markets (CGM)
- Provides structured FX, credit, commodities hedging and investment including hybrid solutions to support local clients and partners
- Specialised and Asset Finance (SAF) – engages in equipment finance, sales and trading and sources capital to support and expand business
Macquarie Asset Management (MAM)
- A full-service asset manager providing investment solutions to clients across a range of capabilities including infrastructure & renewables, real estate, private credit, and equities
Macquarie Capital (MacCap)
- Combines specialist expertise, innovative advice and flexible capital solutions to help our clients across a range of sectors, and a full spectrum of capital solutions, from debt, equity, and private capital raising and financing
- Launch of Green Investment Group in Japan including a joint venture with Iberdrola in Sept 2020