The 2018 Annual General Meeting (AGM), including elections for Executive Councillors for 2018-2020 for the Australian and New Zealand Chamber of Commerce in Japan (ANZCCJ) will be held 6:00-8:00 PM on 13 November 2018 at the Australian Embassy Tokyo (map). Cost will be 3,000 JPY to cover the venue and light refreshments.
Executive Councillors Candidates
Information about candidates can be found here.
The newly elected Councillors will join the EC Councillors from 2017-2019 who will continue to be on the EC for the next year, namely: Andrew Gauci, Catherine O’Connell, Clovis Peryer, Kohei Tsushima, and Tracy Whiriskey.
The Executive Council and Role of the Councillor
The Executive Council is the governing body of the ANZCCJ. As a group, the Executive Council determines the Chamber’s policies and priorities and oversees its financial affairs. The main roles and responsibilities of an Executive Councillor include:
- Furthering the Chamber’s core mission, setting key strategic objectives and ensuring activities align with that over time;
- Helping the ANZCCJ deliver real value for its members, as well as outreach to new and potentially beneficial members to the current ANZCCJ membership;
- Being a senior representative for the ANZCCJ, attending ANZCCJ events and meetings;
- Actively participating in or chairing one or more ANZCCJ committees or working groups that deal with specific issues or initiatives, acting as a liaison between the Executive Council and that Committee/working group. This initiative will draw from the EC members’ strengths and skills, align with their current profession or interests, and provide further learning and development opportunities;
- Acting as MC or moderator at events, particularly those related to the Committee with which the council member is affiliated; and
- Overseeing the Secretariat’s management of ANZCCJ’s operations.
For the Executive Councillor election, each member of the Chamber has one vote with a weighted value (Platinum 4, Gold 4, Silver 4, Bronze 3, Individual 1). For constitutional amendments, a simple yes/no ballot will be taken.
If you cannot attend, you may:
- Appoint someone as your proxy to vote on your behalf at the AGM by completing the proxy form and sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm 12 November
- Submit an absentee vote using this form, which will be open from 7 November - 5pm on 12 November
For further information about the election process, please refer to the ANZCCJ Constitution and Bylaws. If you have any questions, please contact ANZCCJ's Executive Director at Judith.Hanna@anzccj.jp or 03-4400-2972.
2018 AGM Meeting Agenda
- Chair's report
- Treasurer's report
- Other business - Vote on amendment to Constitution to provide flexibility for the Executive Council to elect up to three Vice Chairs, one of whom does not need to be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident. For more information, click here
- Questions from the membership
- Election of 2018-2020 Executive Council