The ANZCCJ Technology, Innovation, Education and Research (TIER) Committee was formed in July 2020 with a mission to create, identify and connect new networks through appropriately enhanced communication and engagement, that will enable members to modernize the perception of Australia and New Zealand in Japan and that of Japan in Australia and New Zealand, across the four TIER pillars.
In this event, we will host a panel discussion on recent developments in education and EdTech, around the theme: Technology’s Role in the Future of International Education
COVID-19 has had a severe impact on the International Education sector, with strict border closures, strong quarantine restrictions and the risk factors involved in international travel largely preventing the intake of new students for traditional education in both high school, tertiary and corporate settings.
At the same time, the unprecedented pace of change brought about by the pandemic has seen great strides taking place in online education and ed tech opportunities, for students and providers alike. Furthermore, the proximity between Japan, Australia and New Zealand and the lack of a significant time difference between the three countries provides a unique opportunity to embrace new technological formats to bridge the international divide.
Through this event, we will hear from leading professionals in the elementary, high school and corporate education spaces on how technology is facilitating these new opportunities for international education between Australian, New Zealand and Japan.
Date: 3 June, 2021
Time: 12.00PM - 1.30PM JST
Location: Zoom (Online)
Price: Free (ANZCCJ Members)
- Introduction from ANZCCJ Chair Sally Townsend, TIER Committee Chair Kohei Tamura and Co-Vice Chair Tim Tout
- Opening Remarks from Daisuke Asano, Director, Service Affairs Policy Division and Educational Industry Office, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI)
- Panel Discussion - Technology’s Role in the Future of International Education
- Breakout Room Session - Discussion and Networking
Technology’s Role in the Future of International Education
Moderator: Jenny Corbett, Project Professor - University of Tokyo
Peter Gibson (Executive Advisor Tokyo 2020 - Australian Olympic Committee)
– Connect | Tomodachi Program & legacy plans
Misa Kitaoka (Director of Education, Japan - Education New Zealand)
Haruko Tanaka (Senior Supervisor, Tokyo Metropolitan Government Board of Education)
Hiroyuki Osada (Supervisor, Tokyo Metropolitan Government Board of Education)
- Promoting Diversity and Inclusion through Tokyo-New Zealand Partnership
Rose Hashinaga (Operations Director, CI&T)
– Corporate Ed Tech & How it is Being Used to Support Internal Training