The ANZCCJ Annual General Meeting 2020 was held on November 25 at the Australian Embassy Tokyo and via Zoom. Members voted for six Executive Council (EC) members for the 2020-2022 two year term.
Congratulations to the successful candidates (in alphabetical order of company)
- Matthew Walker, AIG Japan Holdings (AU Corporate Sponsor)
- Martin Spann, Commonwealth Bank of Australia (AU Corporate Sponsor)
- Sally Townsend, Government of South Australia, Department of Trade, Tourism and Investment (AU Corporate Sponsor)
- Gerard Adams, Kyowa Hakko Bio Co., Ltd. (Individual Australia)
- Elizabeth Cox, Macquarie Group (AU Corporate Sponsor)
- Tim Barnstable, Saputo Dairy Australia (AU Corporate Sponsor)
The EC members will be joined by the below members who are continuing on the EC for 2021 as a part of their two year term.
- Catherine O'Connell, Catherine O'Connell Law (NZ Individual Member)
- Neville Falkner, Fonterra New Zealand (NZ Corporate Sponsor)
- Andrew Gauci, Lendlease Japan (AU Corporate Sponsor)
- Jennifer Sakaguchi, Rio Tinto Japan Limited (AU Corporate Sponsor)
- Tracy Whiriskey, Ashurst (AU Corporate Sponsor)
- Nobi Yamaji, Personal Information Protection Commission (JPN Individual Member)
Following on from the AGM, the 12 EC members and and 4 ex-officio members from the Australia and New Zealand Embassies met on November 26 to confirm the appointment of the Office Bearer positions. We are happy to announce that Sally Townsend was re-appointed for a two year term as Chair, Martin Spann was re-appointed for a two year term as Co-Vice Chair, and Tim Barnstable was re-appointed as Treasurer for another one year term. Our Co-Vice Chairs, Catherine O’Connell and Nobi Yamaji will both be continuing the second year of their two year term for 2021. This fulfils the requirements of the ANZCCJ Constitution and Bylaws on the make-up of our EC and Office Bearers.
Thank you to all who participated in the AGM online and in person, in particular those candidates who ran for election. We also wish to thank our outgoing EC member Ian Scott for his dedication and strong contribution to the Council. The ANZCCJ's strength comes from the continued and active participation of its members and the strategic leadership of its EC.
A copy of ANZCCJ's AGM 2019/20 Report is available to members from the Member Resources page on our website. Minutes from the AGM will be available to members in due course.